Family Christmas Concert 2021
About the Show
**Concession tickets are only available at counter purchase. Contact penangpac at +604-899 1722 / 2722 (10am - 6:30pm daily)
Celebrate your Christmas at penangpac with carols for chorus, audience, orchestra and special appearance of Santa Claus!
This is the twelfth annual Family Christmas Concert to be directed in Penang by Martin Rutherford and the ninth to be presented here in Stage 1, Penagpac. The first three of the Christmas Concerts were presented in the Eastern and Oriental Hotel Grand Ballroom and many of the performers here this evening were singing and playing at the first concert in 2010.
Covid 19 has presented us with a number of implications; in September last year the orchestra number was reduced from 26 to 18 and the chorus was reduced from 60 to 32. At the last Christmas concert the orchestra remained at 18 but the chorus number was increased to 40.
There is a traditional pattern associated with Christmas festivities – carol singing prior to the day itself, hanging up of stockings for children, attending the church services on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and enjoying Christmas dinner with turkey and plum pudding, to name but a few. The annual Christmas Concert follows this pattern: it includes old favourites (for example, the opening and closing carols are always the same), some new carols, and the closing sequence which is built around the arrival of Santa.
The new carols include “The Angel Gabriel”, “Angelus ad Virginum”, “Donkey Riding” and “Christmas Day”. The old favourites include “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” and “O Come All Ye Faithful” and there will be some carols which we have performed at earlier Christmas Concerts such as “Cowboy Carol”, “The Holly and the Ivy”, “Ding Dong Merrily” and “Joy to the World”.
Raikan Krismas anda di penangpac dengan karol untuk korus, para penonton dan ahli orkestra, serta penampilan khas Santa Claus!
+ + +
Please read our SOP reminders before coming to penangpac. As always, our team will be on hand to guide you but for everyone’s safety, please abide by the SOPs strictly.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- Fully-vaccinated with a valid digital certificate (no photo / screenshots)
- Permitted health status (low risk or casual contact without symptoms)
- Children aged 17 years and below should be under company of fully vaccinated parents
- Make sure you’re well (otherwise do stay home)
- No over-the-counter sales & phone sales (only online purchase via www.cloudtix.co)
- Download your e-ticket(s) to your phone or screenshot it (in case you can’t load your e-mail to retrieve your e-ticket at the venue)
- Bring your own mask & sanitiser (best to double mask and/or wear a face shield on top your mask - keep masks on throughout)
- Download e-programme book at the lobby (look out for the QR scan stations)
- Sit in your designated seats
- Performance is 90 minutes without intermission
- Entrance & exit will be tightly controlled – pls follow ushers’ instructions at the end of the show (wait for cue to stand up and exit)
- Scan QR to fill in online feedback form
- Pls do not linger after the show inside the theatre & at the foyer
- Maintain safe physical distancing at all times
- Don’t forget to check out on your MySejahtera after leaving
We have an SOP Compliance Officer, an Emergency Response Team as well as a designated Medical Aid and Treatment Area. Our cast / crew have to undergo Covid-19 testing pre and post show.
Feel free to go through our full SOP guide here:
More from Performing Arts Centre of Penang (penangpac)
Once Upon A Time (Part 3): “Bawang Putih Bawang Merah: The Step Sisters” & “The Fairy Princess of Gunung Ledang.”
Once Upon A Time (Part 4): "The Adventures of Musang Berjanggut" & "Sanggul Beracun: The Revenge of Cik Siti"
Once Upon A Time (Part 5): “Tun Teja: Tale of Love & Betrayal” & “Pak Belalang: The Astrologer”