To us, privacy is important — which is why we respect and take yours seriously. Our goal is to do more than what the law requires us to, as we aim to earn your trust and confidence in the fact that we are careful with your data.
This policy sets out our privacy practices for your reference, and explains how we handle the information we collect from you when you visit and use our sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”).
What We May Collect
We collect information about which CloudJoi pages you access, information about your mobile devices (such as device or browser types), information you send us (such as the email address that is used to register or communicate with us), and referral information.
When you use CloudJoi’s Services, we may collect and store your Internet Protocol address. We may then use this information to fight spam and other forms of abuse, to personalize CloudJoi’s Services to better suit your needs, or to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use CloudJoi’s Services.
Additionally, because you are required to create your CloudJoi account and authenticate it via your account on the third-party service that is Facebook, we may collect, store, and periodically update the contact lists that are associated with that third-party account, so that you may connect with existing contacts from that service who are also on CloudJoi.
Use of Information
We primarily use the information including but not limited to following purposes:
- To facilitate your usage of our services.
- To process or facilitate payments.
- To Contact you with promotional offerings or other communications that may be of interest to you.
- To perform internal operations necessary to provide our Services, troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, research, and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends.
- To personalize the content and features you see when you visit our sites.
- To respond to your questions and assist with problems with our Services.
- To assist you when you contact our customer support services, including a) Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person, b) Investigate and address your concerns, c) Monitor and improve our customer support responses.
We will not email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive emails requesting these details, please send them to us so we can investigate.
Sharing of Information
We may also share your personal information for the purposes including but not limited to the below:
- With our partners and event organisers.
- When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
- In the event of any corporate restructuring or any sale, assignment, or transfer of substantially all of its rights.
We respect Do Not Track (“DNT”) settings in browsers. If you are logged out of our Services and have DNT enabled, we will not set our cookies to work. You cannot, however, log into CloudJoi while DNT is enabled.
CloudJoi uses third-party vendors and works closely with hosting partners, such as Amazon, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technologies that are needed to run CloudJoi. We continuously maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs.
Modifying Your Personal Information Or Deleting Your Account
To protect all information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may not immediately delete residual copies of information from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data that is transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee complete security. Please be advised as such that you are using the Services at your own risk, and that you are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your own account (like using a strong password). We will nonetheless make it a priority to work together with you in enhancing the safety of all data and information that you entrust CloudTheatre with.
Changes To This Policy
CloudTheatre may periodically update this Policy. We will notify you about any and all significant changes to this Policy. The most current version of this policy will always be here for your reference and review.
We welcome all questions, concerns, and feedback regarding this policy at all times. Please contact us via email at email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read this Policy, and we wish you a safe journey with CloudJoi!