[CloudJoi Connect] Ep. 1 Resource Roundup: A Gathering for Arts Collaboration and Possibilities
Published on 15/05/2023
CloudJoi Connect, initiated by CloudJoi, took place on May 5, 2023, at Temu-Temu GMBB. This event aimed to bring together the arts community and explore new opportunities for collaboration and resource-sharing. The gathering attracted a diverse group of 50 attendees from various organisations, including venues, festivals, artists, creators, event organisers, theatre practitioners, and individuals.
The session was thoughtfully structured to offer a comprehensive experience for all participants. It kicked off with a warm welcome and insightful update from CloudJoi, setting the tone for the event. The Resource Talk segment provided a valuable platform for speakers to showcase and introduce their innovative projects, sparking inspiration and potential collaborations among the participants. The lightning showcase added an exciting element, allowing individuals to present their latest ideas and projects in a fast-paced format. The event concluded with a networking session to foster connections and potential collaborations among the attendees.
An exciting highlight of CloudJoi Connect was a special tour offered to the Kuala Lumpur Illustration Fair 2023 and GMBB. This provided participants with a unique opportunity to explore the fair and engage with featured artists and the creative community at GMBB.
Overall, CloudJoi Connect brought together a vibrant and diverse group of individuals, creating a platform for knowledge sharing, networking, and future collaborations. The event served as a catalyst for innovation and growth within the arts community.
Itinerary of the event:
3.00pm-3.20pm: Welcome and Update CloudJoi
3.20pm-4.20pm: Resource Talk
4.20pm-5.15pm: Lightning Showcase
6.30pm: CloudJoi Connect Special: A tour to Kuala Lumpur Illustration Fair 2023 and GMBB
Welcome and Update
by Dennis Lee, CEO of CloudJoi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- JoiFest Season 1: A festival that invites audiences to immerse themselves in the world of Broadway performances through recorded videos.
- Bangkok International Performing Arts Meeting: In March 2023, CloudJoi participated in BIPAM, aiming to cultivate collaborations and engage in industry research.
- CloudJoi Taiwan: Thrilled to announce that in 2023, CloudTheatre Taiwan will be transformed and upgraded to CloudJoi Taiwan.
- Singapore Management University: Fostering valuable connections and knowledge sharing with SMU.
- Number of the Channels & Reach: Reaches an impressive audience of 300,000 eyeballs each month across various channels
- Brand Awareness Campaign: Amplified our brand presence by strategically placing our advertisements on multiple digital billboard spots.
- Weekend Do Wat?: An engaging campaign that invites individuals to explore and discover a multitude of artistic experiences.
- Automated Settlement: Streamlined the settlement process, providing a convenient and efficient way for organizers to receive their ticket revenue.
- Annual Report: Offers a comprehensive overview of industry growth, serving as a transparent and informative resource for our community and stakeholders
Resource Talk 1: Let the flower of art bloom in Southern Malaysia
by 蔡逗逗 Cai Dou-Dou, Operation Manager of Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House, email@example.com
- Introduction of Director - Geoffrey Xie and production team members.
- Video presentation highlighting the timeline of grand opening of Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House
- Architecture features of Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House: Stage size, seat distributions, Princess Box, VIP Lounges, Dressing Rooms, Lighting and Sound system.
Resource Talk 2: A Tourism Hub for Art and Culture
by Georgina Tan, VP Sale & Marketing Encore Melaka, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The versatility of Encore Melaka: providing flexibility for choices based on personal preferences with indoor and outdoor options.
- Magnifying the purpose of Encore Melaka by emphasizing the struggle and limitations between film and theatre artists.
- Video presentation that showcased past collaborations and events that accentuate distinctive features: spacious and 360° rotating audience platform, water & mist stage, lifting platform, 3D video projection, Scale 1:1 Yarn House.
by Lim Ying Xian, Curator of GMBB, Limyx@gmbb.com.my
- Introduction of GMBB emphasizing on identity, goal, location, public transport commute route and shared available: Kesana-kesini Runway, GMBB Reading Corner, Temu-Temu Conference room, RKMD studios, Reka-Reka workshop space, Grey Box Event Hall.
- Highlight the community sharing the space of GMBB: Cloudjoi, SoyaCincau, Five Arts Centre etc.
- Previous collaborations: Cross Cultural Exchange, Commercial Showcases, Screenings & Performances, Community Gatherings, Exhibitions, Workshops.
by Jack Lim, Co-Founder of KL Society, email@example.com
- Overview reflection of Kuala Lumpur Prosperity Walk between 2022 and 2023 that includes comparison in the aspects of duration, crew and crowd size and online exposure.
- Online PR value and initiatives - Vietnam New Agency ; Offline PR value and initiatives - Digital Billboards at Plaza Low Yat, Sg Wang Plaza, Lot 10, Suria KLCC, Pavilion KL.
- Recap for KLPW 2023 that incorporated multiculturalism from artistic aspects such as lion dance, kompang, dhol drum supported by student representatives from ASWARA and local NGO.
FrameMotion Sdn Bhd
by Lyon Kong, Chief Marketing Officer of FrameMotion, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past projects: Launching Event for Maxis, Toyota and JDT stadium , digital interactive and activation for Sarawak Museum and commercials.
- Achievements: Work Expo, Astana in 2017 representing Malaysia for the first time, Dubai Expo 2020 as Malaysia representative for Malaysia Pavilion and Kuwait Pavilion, Whimsy Immersive Dining Experience as the first independent showcase by FrameMotion complemented by their 360 projection mapping
- Van Gogh Alive at Pavilion Bukit Jalil that sold 150000 tickets with the joint effort of Cloudjoi.
Damansara Performing Arts Centre (DPAC)
by Eagle Lee, Theatre Manager of Damansara Performing Arts Centre, email@example.com
- Press Conference happening in July to announce new projects in conjunction with their 10th anniversary.
- Emphasis on Cloudjoi being the comprehensive platform that caters to the needs of the performing arts community.
by Liew Fei Fei, by Co-Founder of iKita Festival, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ikita Festival collaborating with Pavilion Bukit Jalil attracted a sizable audience.
- Concerts organised at Zarith Sofiah Opera House: Henri Sigfridsson, Fukuma.
- Video Premiere of Hey! Subang.
by Abdul Shakir, Co-Founder of Filamen, email@example.com
- Past accomplishments: Georgetown Festival, Rainforest World Music Festival, Klang River Festival.
- Current ongoing project: Digital Art Gallery at Mahsa Avenue that offers a dedicated space where digital artists can exhibit their artwork and unlock their creative potential. The gallery features an immersive room equipped with three projectors, enhancing the artists' showcasing experience and visual experience for visitors simultaneously.
- Future project: collaboration with Yayasan TM at Museum Telekom.
by Ling Tang, Co-Founder of NOW Theatre, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current venue update: temporarily sharing space with KongsiKL
- Background overview emphasizing the startup journey, packages offered, intended objectives for fellow artists
- Previous collaborations: 353 shows featuring 81 production teams between 2015 to 2023 reaching 16000 audiences; hosted 37 workshops, out of which 23 workshops were organized
by NOW theatre, 7 international collaborations