This show is available for purchase on an external platform.
About the Show
d’Next Artist Project 2024 - Call for performances
Be the next rising star!
Thank you for your interest in applying to d’Next Artist Project 2024. We look forward to receiving your proposal and wish you all the best in your application.
ABOUT d’NEXT ARTIST PROJECT 2024
Following the success of the previous d’Next Artist Project, we are now calling for performances for our Season Six program. In the performance week of the d’Next Artist Project, 7th to 12th May 2024. We are proud to support artists to perform the performance of your new work. The work has to be in short length work (15 to 20 minutes) that can be included in the group performance. The selected works and artist will enjoy the facilities stated below for FREE to showcase their works, with terms and conditions apply.
WHAT WE PROVIDE (No fee involved!)
- Stage equipped with a professional system.
- Stage Dimension: DPAC Black Box - 7m depth × 11m width
- 2 Technicians: Lighting coordinator & Sound operator
- Stage Manager
- Season Six: 7th May 2024 to 12th May 2024
- 1st preview: 8th April 2024 (70% completed)
- 2nd preview: 29th April 2024 (Completed)
- Alternative weekend: To be confirmed
- Preview schedule will be advised after the confirmation of performance dates.
- Bump in: Tuesday to Thursday
- Show days: Friday to Sunday with 3 shows
(DPAC reserves the rights to add/cancel certain shows if necessary.)
- Duration: Short-length 15 to 20 minutes of each work.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP 1: Fill-in the d’Next Artist Project 2024 application form (Click here to download Application Form)
STEP 2: Email the complete form to email@example.com with the email titled: [d’Next Artist Project 2024 – “Applicant Name”]
STEP 3: Applications must be SUBMITTED by 29th February 2024.
Please use only the online form for your submission. Incomplete or late submissions will not be considered.
Date: 11th March 2024
Applicants will be asked to participate in an interview session with the artistic committee on the day. All applicants must make themselves available from 10.00am to 5.00pm on the day of their presentation.
Announcement of artistic committee decision: 15th March 2024 (Friday)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Works are limited to 15 to 20 minutes. Selected artist(s) to create/produce his/her performance and DPAC will be the venue sponsor.
- The work must be original and never publicly performed before; it should avoid sensitive issues of race, religion, royalty and explicit content.
- The elimination system will be adopted on the first preview. DPAC and the artistic committee reserves the right to eliminate any incomplete works to proceed to the second preview.
- As for the risks associated with the executing of the works. Participants are to take full responsibility for injuries on self and others, and for any other loss or property damage resulting from the process of the works.
- Artist is to follow all instructions given by the Programme Coordinator, written or verbal. Please inform our Programme Coordinator in advance if there is any special or dangerous act in your works.
- Tickets sale income will be shared with all parties (a group of presenters as a party) and DPAC after deduction of the ticket handling fee and bank charges.
- In the event of cancellations, other than those caused by force majeure, the events beyond the reasonable control of either party; if the artist refuses to execute the work; RM2,000.00 (Malaysia Ringgit: Two thousand only) penalty shall be imposed from the artist.
- For the purpose of promotions and documentations, artists hereby agree that DPAC is allowed to take photographs and video shooting during the rehearsals and performance at DPAC.
- DPAC reserves the right to change any rules and regulations stated above at any time without prior notice.